Creating a Data Protection Schedule Policy
A data protection schedule policy is a scheduling template for data protection operations which includes both backup and archive operations. This type of policy is useful when there are many clients or subclients within a CommCell that require the same schedules for data protection operations.
By default a system-created data protection schedule policy covering all agents is available in the CommCell. Use this schedule policy to schedule backup operations for all agents. This schedule policy includes the schedules for the following:
- Full Backup, running every Friday at 6:00 P.M.
- Incremental/Log Backup, running every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6:00 P.M.
Note: Transaction Log backups are initiated for Lotus Notes subclients configured with transaction log content but not for other agents.
If necessary you can manually create the following data protection schedule policies:
- All Agent Type Data Protection Schedule Policy: A generic scheduling template for data protection operations for all agents in a CommCell.
- Agent-Specific Data Protection Schedule Policy: A scheduling template for data protection operations for one or more agents in a CommCell. Use this type of policy to granularly define advanced data protection options specific to the selected agent.
Before You Begin
You must have appropriate permissions to create a schedule policy. For information on permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature: Schedule Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Schedule Policies, and then click New Schedule Policy.
The New Schedule Policy dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the schedule policy.
- From the Type list, select Data Protection.
- From the Agent Type list, select the appropriate agents or agent groups:
- To create a schedule policy for all agents, select All Agents.
- To create a schedule policy for some agents, select the appropriate agents or agent groups. For example, select the SQL Server agent under the Database group.
- In the Description box, type an appropriate description.
- Click Add.
The Options dialog box appears.
- In the Schedule Name box, type a name, and then select the appropriate scheduling options.
- To set advanced options, click Options.
The Advanced Schedule Options dialog box appears.
- To run scheduled tasks using the local time zone of the client, from the Time Zone list, select Client Time Zone.
- Click OK.
- Click the Backup Options tab and select the type of backup and other options that apply to your environment.
If you selected Synthetic Full as backup type, for the agents that do not support Synthetic Full backup, the software creates a Full backup.
- Click OK.
- From the New Schedule Policy dialog box, click the Associations tab and select the client computer or client computer group to associate with the schedule policy.
The entities offered in the Associations tab depend on the agents selected in the Agent Type list. Expand the nodes to see additional choices. For example, associate the schedule policy to a specific agent, instance, backup set, or subclient.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 11/25/2020 9:24:03 AM