Switching from an Evaluation License to a Permanent License
When you install the CommServe server or any other component, you can use the Commvault software for evaluation purposes for the duration of the evaluation period.
When the evaluation period ends, you must request a permanent license from your software provider. After you obtain a permanent license, you must apply the permanent license in the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Licensing and Registration.
- You can also access the license administration options from the Control Panel.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under the CommCell section, click Licensing and Registration.In the Licensing and Registration dialog box, click the Apply License tab.
- In the License File box, specify the location of the license file. You can also click Browse to locate the license file.
- Click Apply.
What to Do Next
Generate the License Summary Report to check the licenses that you have in your CommCell environment.
Last modified: 8/27/2020 5:09:37 PM