Capacity Calculations in the License Summary Report
Capacity usage is determined based on the Front-End Terabyte (FET) capacity, which is measured by calculating the amount of data that is retained in backup, archive, snapshot and replication jobs. The amount of data is measured based on a terabyte (TB) of data defined as 10244 bytes.
Capacity licenses are divided into the following types:
- Commvault Complete
- Evaluation licenses are valid for 30 days.
- Backup and Archive licenses support mostly the same features and agents, but one is intended for backup operations and the other for archive operations.
- Backups in the Capacity Calculation
- Archive in the Capacity Calculation
- Snapshots in the Capacity Calculation
- Replication in the Capacity Calculation
Last modified: 10/30/2019 4:33:01 PM