Snapshots in the Capacity Calculation
Capacity usage is calculated based on the size of all the latest IntelliSnap backup jobs that have run in the CommCell for all the supported hardware storage arrays.
To view capacity calculations for the CommCell environment, see Capacity Types in the License Summary Report.
The latest full IntelliSnap backup jobs are used to calculate capacity.
Considerations for Agents
Capacity is calculated for each agent based on the following data:
- Windows File System, UNIX File System, NAS: The used size of all snapped volumes or the backup copy jobs that run for NAS agents configured with Dell EMC Isilon/PowerScale arrays.
- Virtual Server Agent: See Virtual Machines in the Capacity Calculation.
- Oracle, Oracle RAC: The total size of all data files in each configured Oracle instance.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange Database, Notes Database: The total size of all data files.
- DB2, DB2 MultiNode, SAP Oracle: The total size of all data files in each configured database.
Capacity Usage Increase
Capacity usage can increase because of any of the following actions:
- Deploying newer clients with new data.
- Assigning storage policies to content of newly created subclients.
Capacity Usage Decrease
Capacity usage can decrease because of any of the following actions:
- Disabling backups on the subclient. For more information, see Disabling backups on the subclient.
- Deleting the last IntelliSnap backup job.
The following types of data are excluded from the capacity calculation:
- Standard backup jobs.
- Backup copy jobs (movement to media operations).
- IntelliSnap backup jobs from deconfigured clients or agents.
- For database agents, transaction log backup jobs are not counted.
- If you apply the VM Sockets on Hypervisor Hosts license (previously named the CPU Sockets on Hypervisor Hosts license), Virtual Server Agent jobs will not count towards capacity. For more information about this license, see Usage Calculation for the VM Sockets on Hypervisor Hosts License.
Last modified: 8/12/2020 6:27:09 PM