Resetting License Capacity in the CommCell Console
When license capacity reaches 110%, you can resume backup jobs by resetting capacity in the Licensing and Registration dialog box.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Licensing and Registration.
The Licensing and Registration dialog box appears.
- On the Capacity tab, create a report and send it to your software provider:
- Click Save to save the report as a file.
- Send the file to your software provider so that you can receive a new license with an upgraded capacity.
- Click Reset to resume the jobs for a grace period of 96 hours.
- Click Close.
If the first 96 hours have passed and the license usage continues to display 110% or more, continue to use the reset operation every 96 hours. The reset operation can be used for a total of 8 times. This gives you 32 days to obtain a new license with an upgraded capacity.
Tip: To decrease the capacity usage while you wait for the new license, you can delete the largest backup jobs and run data aging operations. If the capacity usage decreases below 110%, the system resets the over-capacity condition, and all jobs are resumed. The grace period counter also resets to 0, but only if your capacity usage remains below 110% for the next 96 hours.
Last modified: 8/18/2020 7:37:46 PM