Releasing a License
If you no longer require a permanent license on a client, such as cases where the client is being retired, you can release the license and use it later for another client.
A permanent license is released when you perform any of the following operations:
- Uninstall an Agent
- Deconfigure a Client
- Deconfigure an Agent
- Deconfigure a library
- For a Windows or UNIX Cluster, when the software is uninstalled from the cluster server and from every node where the binaries were installed
Use the following steps to deconfigure a client. This method releases the product and feature licenses from the client, but leaves all software binaries intact on the client computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers.
- Right-click the <Client>, and then click All Tasks | Release License for Client.
- In the Release License for Client dialog box, select the licenses to release from the Licenses Consumed pane, click Add and then click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to release the license.
Once the license is released, the client icon is dimmed and available for deletion.
For more information on releasing the license for other CommCell components, see Deconfigure and Reconfigure Components Overview.
To remove the software from the client after releasing the license, use any of the methods described in Uninstall Commvault from Client and MediaAgent Computers.
Last modified: 4/22/2020 8:39:30 AM