Setting Up a One-Way Direct Connection (Client to Server) Using a Predefined Network Topology
You can create a network topology instance in which members of one client group can connect to members in another client group.
Use this configuration on environments in which the client initiates connections to one or more of server computers, such as the CommServe computer or a MediaAgent.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the client groups that you want to use in the Network topology instance are already defined in the CommCell Console.
- You must have Administrative Management permissions on the client groups that you plan to use in the Network topology instance.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Network Topologies > New Topology.
The Network Topology dialog box is displayed.
- In the Topology Name box, enter a name for this instance of a one-way direct connection.
- Optional: In the Description box, enter a description for this topology.
- In the Client Type list, select the type of client that you will include in the topology:
- Servers: Select if your clients are servers.
- Laptops: Select if your clients are laptops that need to connect to servers.
- For Topology Type, select One-Way.
- If Client Type is set to Servers, do the following:
- In the Servers list, select the client group that will initiate connections with members of the DMZ Servers group.
- In the DMZ Servers list, select a client group that will receive connection requests from members of the Servers group.
- If Client Type is set to Laptops, do the following:
- In the Laptops list, select the laptop group that will initiate connections with members of the Infrastructure machines group.
- In the Infrastructure machines list, select a client group that will receive connection requests from members of the Laptops group.
- To encrypt network traffic, select Encrypt network traffic.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
- If your clients do not have the Commvault software installed, install the Commvault software on the clients that will be part of the network topology.
For instructions during the installation, see Setting Up Direct Connections from the Client to the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the network topology that you configured, click Push Network Configuration, and then click OK.
You can configure additional advanced network settings, such as the Default Outgoing Tunnel Protocol option or the Number of Tunnels per Route, at the client computer group level. For information about the available settings, see Incoming Ports and Options. For information about accessing the client computer group network settings, see Configuring Network Settings.
Last modified: 1/22/2020 9:42:50 PM