Updating Incoming Ports on Client Computers
You can change the default incoming port that receives tunnel connections from the client. The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the client computer, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
The Network Properties for Client dialog box appears.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, select the Configure Network Route Settings check box.
- On the Incoming Ports tab, select the Override default tunnel port check box, enter the port number for incoming tunnel connections, and then click OK.
The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the client computer, and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration.
- Read the warning, click Continue, and then click OK.
- Verify that your network configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.
Note: You can also repeat the same steps on a client group if you want to change the tunnel port at the client group level.
Last modified: 4/14/2020 2:49:41 PM