Setting up a Two-Way Direct Connection Using Advanced Network Settings
You can open tunnel connections between the CommServe computer, MediaAgent, and client.
If you do not want to use network topologies to configure your direct connection routes, you can use the Advanced network settings. The advanced configuration includes additional configuration steps and is recommended for experienced users. For example, you can configure incoming connection restrictions and ports.
- Change the default tunnel port on the CommServe computer and MediaAgent. See Updating Incoming Ports on the CommServe and MediaAgent.
The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- Install the Commvault software on one or more clients. During client installation, configure the CommServe computer and client to initiate communications between them. For network settings instructions during the installation, see Setting Up Two-Way Connectivity between the CommServe Computer and the Client.
- Perform network configurations on the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. See Configuring the CommServe Computer.
- Perform network configurations on the MediaAgents to receive communications from the client. See Configuring the MediaAgents.
- Perform network configurations on the client to initiate connections with the CommServe computer and MediaAgent. See Configuring the Clients.
Last modified: 4/12/2019 6:29:26 PM