Restricting or Blocking Connections
The Commvault network controls incoming connections to a client from clients or client groups by restricting connections to configured ports or blocking them entirely. For each client or client group that cannot open direct connections with a client, you can assign the following connection states:
- RESTRICTED: A connection can be set up, but only on restricted ports (that is, those configured on the Incoming Ports tab of the receiving client).
- BLOCKED: A connection cannot be set up.
These sets of rules are used to define the type of network configuration in use between the two hosts. For example, RESTRICTED-RESTRICTED yields a two-way network configuration, but RESTRICTED-BLOCKED yields a one-way network configuration.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
The Network Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Network Route Configuration dialog box, select the Configure Network Route Settings check box, and then click Advanced.
- Click OK to acknowledge the warning and then continue.
- On the Incoming Connections tab, click Add for every client or client group that cannot open direct connections to this client.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/4/2019 8:57:04 PM