Renewing a Revoked Certificate in a Locked-Down CommCell Environment
If you revoked a certificate in a locked-down CommServe host or when the client was offline, a temporary certificate is needed to allow the CommServe machine to validate the identity of the client. This procedure also applies when you revoke a certificate while the client is offline.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon's Home tab, click Control Panel > Certificate Administration > Temp Certificate.
- In the Client Name list, select the name of the client with the revoked certificate, and then click Create.
The client certificate appears.
- Click Copy to Clipboard, and then paste the certificate content into a new file named export.txt.
- Click Close.
- On the client computer, copy the certificate file to the software_installation_directory/Base/Certificates folder on Windows clients (or the software_installation_directory/Base/certificates folder on UNIX clients), and then restart the client services.
- In the Certificate Administration dialog box, confirm that the certificate for the client appears with a Status of Active, and then click OK.
Last modified: 2/12/2019 10:29:31 PM