The CommCell network password is an internal security measure used to ensure that communications occur between CommCell computers only. By default, the software assigns each computer in the CommCell a different password. You can, at any time, define a new CommCell network password for any computer in the CommCell. You do not need to know the current password to define a new one, but you do need to have administrative privileges.
Use the following steps to change the CommCell network password:
- From the CommCell Console toolbar, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- In the CommCell area, click System.
- On the Change Password tab, select Change Network Password.
- Click the Change password for computer list, and then select the name of the computer whose password you want to change.
- In Password, enter the new network password and then re-enter it in Confirm Password.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/22/2019 6:20:49 PM