Configuring Software Encryption on a Replication Set
You can configure software encryption on a replication set to encrypt data on the source computer, to encrypt replicated data across the network to the destination computer, and to decrypt data on the destination computer.
When you enable encryption on a replication set, encryption applies by default to all of its replication pairs.
- Continuous Data Replication on Unix only supports Blowfish cipher with 128-bit key length.
- To encrypt the data during a copy back or restore operation, you must configure encryption on the client computer that starts the copy back or restore operation, in addition to enabling the encryption on a replication set. For information about configuring encryption on a client, see Configuring Software Encryption on a Client.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Continuous Data Replicator.
- Right-click the replication_set, and then click Properties.
- On the Replication Options tab, select the Encrypt during data transfer check box, and then click OK.
Last modified: 11/27/2018 5:27:52 AM