Signing the CommServe Certificate with CA
Sign the certificate request with a local certifying authority (CA). You must download the certificate immediately after it is signed by the CA.
- Open the certificate request in a text editor.
- Copy the text of the certificate request. The copied text must include the header (-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----) and the footer (-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----).
- Log on to the SafeNet KeySecure appliance as an administrator with Certificate Authorities access control.
- Navigate to the Local Certificate Authority List (Security, CAs & SSL Certificates, Local CAs).
- Select the local CA and click Sign Request to access the Sign Certificate Request section.
- Modify the fields:
- Sign with Certificate Authority: Select the CA that signs the request.
- Certificate Purpose: Select the Client.
- Certificate Duration (days): Enter the life span of the certificate.
- Certificate Request: Paste all text from the request, including the header and footer.
- Click Sign Request.
- The CA Certificate Information section appears.
- Click Download.
The certificate client.crt is downloaded to your local machine.
- Copy the client.crt file to CommServe machine.
What To Do Next
Last modified: 11/27/2018 9:42:22 AM