Disabling Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator)
You can disable the Two-Factor Authentication at various levels.
For information about the levels where Two-Factor Authentication is available, see Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
Note: For a user who is a member of more than one user group, the Two-Factor Authentication does not work if the Two-Factor Authentication is disabled for at least one user group.
Before You Begin
Plan for a restart of the Commvault services.
- Go to the level where Enable two factor authentication is enabled.
- Disable Two-Factor Authentication using one of the following methods:
- Clear the Enable two factor authentication check box.
- Move the Enable two factor authentication toggle key to the left.
- Restart the Commvault services using the following steps:
- On the CommServe computer, click the Start button on the Windows task bar and then click All Programs.
- Navigate to Commvault and click Process Manager.
- In the Process Manager dialog box, right-click the All Services node and then click Restart.
Last modified: 2/12/2020 10:40:03 AM