Reissuing a Secret Key for Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator)
The secret key is a unique 16 character alphanumeric code that is required during the set up of the PIN generating tools. When a secret key is lost or compromised, the administrator can delete the key. After the key is deleted, a new secret key is sent in an email to the user the first time he or she logs on to the CommCell.
Scenarios that require reissuing the secret key:
- The user deleted the email where the secret key was provided before using the key in the PIN generating tools.
- The user accidentally forwarded the email containing the secret key to other users.
- From the command prompt, navigate to software_installation_directory/Base.
- Log on to the CommServe using the
- Run the following command to delete a secret key for a user:
qoperation execscript -sn QS_DeleteTFASecretForUser -si @user='userName'
where userName is the login name of the CommCell user who requires a new secret key.
- Notify the user that a new secret key will be sent in an email the next time he or she logs on to the CommCell.
Last modified: 5/27/2020 3:29:29 AM