Obtaining a Secret Key for Two-Factor Authentication
The secret key is a unique 16 character alphanumeric code that is required during the set up of the PIN generating tools. The secret key is issued through email by logging on to the CommCell environment.
Note: This is a unique key which is only sent the first time you log on to the CommCell environment after Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. Save this email in your records. If your secret key is lost or compromised, contact your Administrator.
Before You Begin
- Two-Factor Authentication must be enabled in the CommCell environment.
- This must be the first time you log on to the CommCell environment after Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
- Open the interface you want to log on to.
For example, go to the Web Console site.
- Enter your login credentials, and then click OK.
Your login fails because Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
- Click OK to close the Login Error message.
Immediately after the message appears, an email is sent to you containing the secret key.
- Open the email and copy the Secret Key.
What to Do Next
Use the secret key to configure a PIN generating tool:
Last modified: 12/27/2018 4:58:15 PM