Changing a System Account Name or Password Used in the Commvault Software
You can change the user name and password for CommCell components and agents. User accounts that match the user name you enter are updated with the new credentials.
Note: User accounts for domains are not updated. For information on domains, see Domains Overview.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under User, click User Account Management.
- In the User Account Management dialog box, enter the Current Credentials for the user account in the User name and Password boxes.
- Optional: If you want to update the current user name, in the New Credential section, select Change User name and enter a New User name.
- In the Password box in the New Credential section, enter the new password for the user account.
- In the Confirm Password box, re-enter the password.
- In the Notes box, specify the reason for the user account change.
- Click Preview to verify the accounts that will be updated.
- After verifying the accounts that will change (see preview sample below), click OK to close the window.
- From the User Account Management dialog box, click OK to perform the update.
- Optional: After clicking OK, verify the updated user accounts by running the Audit Trail report.
For information on running the Audit Trail report, see Audit Trail Report.
Last modified: 10/25/2018 5:17:09 PM