Changing the Media Password
The Media Password is used to prevent unauthorized access of data from media when using the Media Explorer (DR Tool) to restore data. The password is stored as an encrypted string on the On Media Label (OML) of the tape and in the SQL database.
One media password is allowed per media. If you change the media password, it will be effective for the next media. However, if you want to access the existing media, you will need to use the old media password.
Use the following steps to change the media password:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under CommCell, click System.
The System dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Change Password tab.
- Select the Change Media Password check box and specify the following:
- Type the new media password in the Enter New Media Password box and re-enter it in the Confirm New Media Password box.
- Type the old media password in the Enter Old Media Password box.
Note: If this is the first time you are setting the media password, leave the Enter Old Media Password box blank.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/25/2018 5:05:25 PM