Enabling Password Protection for Media Associated with a Storage Policy
By default, the CommServe level media password is used to access the data residing on media used by the system for a storage policy. You can prevent unauthorized access to this data by enabling a password for a Media Associated with the Storage Policy.
If you password protect the media associated with a Disaster Recovery Backup storage policy, it is essential that you record this password. In certain disaster recovery scenarios, it may be necessary to read your backup data directly from the media.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
- Right-click the <Storage Policy> and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Enable Storage Policy Level Media Password check box and then click the Change Media Password check box.
- Type the new media password in the Enter New Media Password box and the Confirm New Media Password box.
- Type the CommServe media password in the Enter Old Media Password dialog box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/25/2018 3:37:20 PM