Authentication for Installing Agents on the CommCell
CommCell environments can be secured by limiting agent installations to those users who have the following security associations:
- Install package permission or update package permission on the client
- Install client permission on the client
- On the CommServe Authentication page of the installation wizard, enter your User Name and Password.
- Optional: If Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) integration is enabled, enter the domain name\user name or the email address, and then press <Tab>.
The installation wizard automatically redirects to the IDP login screen to authenticate the user. If Active Directory (AD) users are authenticated using an Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) server, then the IDP attempts a single sign-on login using the credentials of the AD user who is logged in to the computer. Once the authentication of SAML completes, the installation wizard will navigate through the remaining installation steps.
- Optional: If you want to authenticate using the authorization code, click Authcode and then enter the Authorization Code. For more information, see Activating an Authorization Code for Software Installation in the CommCell.
- Proceed to complete the installation.
The user performing the remote installation is prompted for credentials. If the user does not have the required security association, the install is prevented.
Last modified: 10/19/2020 3:13:24 PM