Linking a User with a Commvault ID
You can link a Cloud Services Commvault ID to a CommCell user. When the accounts are linked, users can log on to the CommCell environment with the credentials from their Cloud Services account and from their CommCell account.
When a linked user clicks any link to the Cloud Services website, that user is automatically logged on. For example, the user clicks a Software Store link from the CommCell Console. For information on the Commvault Store, see Commvault Store.
Important: If you are a domain user (your credentials are validated by a domain server, such as Active Directory) and the email address you use to log on is shared by both your Cloud Services account and your domain account, you must use your domain password to log on.
Before You Begin
- On the CommServe computer, add the bEnableLinkCommvaultId additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on adding additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- The CommCell user you are linking must have a user account on the Cloud Services website. For instruction, see Getting Access to the Cloud Services Website.
- You need the Cloud Services account credentials for the user you are linking.
About This Task
- The mapping between the Cloud Services Commvault ID and the CommCell user is a one-to-one mapping. Each Cloud Services Commvault ID can only be mapped to one CommCell user.
- Cloud Services Commvault IDs are synchronized with your CommCell environment every 24 hours. To adjust this time, add the nCloudCredsRefreshTime additional setting to your CommServe computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security > CommCell Users.
- Right-click the user and click Properties.
The User Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, next to Commvault Id, click Change.
The Link with Commvault ID dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Link with Commvault Id check box and enter the Cloud Services account credentials for the user you are linking.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/19/2018 7:11:50 PM