Creating a User Group
A user group is a set of users who perform the same tasks. Create user groups to simplify the administration of the CommCell environment.
Before You Begin
You must have the Add, delete, and modify a user group permission at the CommCell level. For information on permissions, see Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security.
- Right-click CommCell User Groups, and then click New User Group.
The New User Group Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, enter the details for the user group:
- In the Name field, type the user group name.
- In the Description field, type a description for the group.
- Optional: Set additional user group properties.
For information on user group properties, see User Group Properties.
- On the Members tab, add users to the user group.
For information on assigning users, see Assigning Users to User Groups from CommCell User Groups.
- To control the access of the user group, on the Associations tab, create a security association.
For information on creating security associations, see Administering the Security Associations of a User Group.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/10/2019 3:45:51 PM