NetApp NDMP File Server
You can improve the performance of data movement operation for NDMP and NRS clients using the following guidelines:
- Ensure that the MediaAgent managing NDMP operations does not reside on the CommServe.
- Ensure that multiple data streams are used for data transfer to the MediaAgent.
- If the tape is attached to a NAS client, the indexing operation is completed on the MediaAgent. Ensure that the MediaAgent has sufficient memory available for indexing.
- Use the syssat command to review the CPU consumption.
- When the backup is running, use the following command to fetch information about MediaAgent performance:
The send_q information will determine whether network queues are becoming full.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 2:16:56 PM