Getting Started with Google Mail (Gmail) and Google Drive
Review each of the topics to get started with Gmail and Google Drive.
Step 1: Install the Commvault Package
If your backup administrator has not already installed the Commvault package, then you must install it.
For more information, see Installing the Commvault Package.
Step 2: Obtain Your User Credentials
Obtain the following information from your backup administrator:
- Your Google enterprise account credentials with super admin role
- The Command Center URL
- Your Command Center user credentials
- The data storage policy
- The log storage policy
- The command line storage policy
Step 3: Log on to the Command Center
Access the Command Center by using the URL that was displayed on the installation completion page, or that you received from your backup administrator.
Step 4: Register the Command Center
If you have not done so, register your Command Center.
Step 5: Configure Server with Cloud Apps Package
Install the Cloud Apps package on an on-premise server. This server acts as a proxy client to manage backup and restore operations of Gmail and Google Drive data.
To install the Cloud Apps package on a server, see Adding an Additional Server.
Note: The IMAP port of the computer with the Commvault package should be open at port 993.
Step 6: Configure Your Environment
Before running backup and restore of a user's mailbox and drive data, you are required to perform the following two tasks:
Step 7: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Configure a disk library as a storage target.
- Create a server plan.
- Manually discover user accounts to perform backup operation using the default subclient.
Step 8: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 9: What to Do Next
- Create user-defined subclients to back up specific user accounts, or content that you need to back up on a separate schedule.
- Auto discover user accounts from a user-defined subclient. For more information, see Enabling Auto Discovery of User Accounts and Auto Discover User Accounts.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:01:54 PM