Configuring Your Google Environment
After installing Cloud Apps on your client computer, you can start configuring your Google environment. To configure your Google environment, create a service account and enable the Google APIs. The Commvault software uses these APIs to access user account data from the cloud. After you enable the Google Market API, you can publish your Gmail and Google Drive backup and restore application to the Google Marketplace.
Complete the following steps:
- Use your Google administrator login credentials and log on to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Create a new Google project that you can use to configure the Gmail application and the Google Drive application.
For steps about creating a new project, go to the Google Developers website, Create a new project.
- Create a service account, and then download the service account's key as a standard P12 file.
- Delegate domain-wide authority to the service account.
- Enable and configure the required Google APIs.
- Configure the Drive API and the Marketplace SDK API.
- Publish your Gmail and Google Drive backup and restore app to the Google Marketplace.
For more information about publishing your app, go to the Google Developers website, Publishing Your App.
Note: If you plan to use your app only within your organization, do not publish your app.
Last modified: 9/4/2020 4:01:01 PM