Configuring a Disk Library as a Storage Target
You can configure a disk library as a storage target. You must assign a mount path to a disk library. A mount path can be:
- A local disk drive associated with the MediaAgent
- A disk drive that is on networked-attached-storage (NAS) associated with the MediaAgent
- From the navigation pan, click Storage targets.
The Storage targets page appears.
- Click Add storage in the upper right of the page, and then select Disk.
- In the Add disk storage dialog box, enter the disk library details:
- In the Name box, type the name of the library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will write the data to the disk.
- To use a local disk as the mount path, click Local path and in the Path box, type the full path name to the storage location.
- To use a network drive as the mount path, provide the following information:
- Click Network path.
- From the Credential list, select the credential that you want to use to access the network drive.
For instructions to create a new credential to access a network drive, see Creating a Credential to Access a Network Drive.
- In the Path box, type the full path name to the storage location.
- Click Create.
The disk library is available. You can associate the disk library with a plan.
Last modified: 4/26/2019 7:03:46 AM