Adding Additional Backup Locations - Disk Storage
You can add more backup locations to the storage. To determine if more storage is needed, you can view the total storage capacity and the total free space. The information displayed is the sum of all of the backup locations of the disk storage.
- From the navigation pane, go to Storage > Disk > disk_storage.
The disk storage page appears.
- In the Backup locations section, click Add.
The Add disk dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type the name of the backup location.
- To add a MediaAgent, use one of the following options:
- To use an existing MediaAgent, from the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will write the data to the storage.
- To install a new MediaAgent, you can click the plus + sign to install a new MediaAgent from the Install MediaAgent dialog box. For more information about adding a new MediaAgent, see Adding a MediaAgent .
- To set the disk access path, use either of the following options:
- To use a local disk as the disk access path, click Local and in the Backup location box, type the full path name to the storage location.
- To use a network drive as the disk access path, click Network and then enter the following information:
- From under the Credential section, from the name list, select the credential that you want to use to access the network drive.
- Or you can click the plus + sign to create new credentials to access a network drive, see Creating a Credential to Access a Network Drive.
- In the Backup location box, type the full path name to the storage location.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 4/16/2020 7:18:15 PM