Adding Oracle Subclients
You can add the following content in the subclients:
- Data and logs
- Data only
- Logs only
- Data subset, for example tablespaces
- Data subset and logs
Use the following criteria when determining the unique data sets:
- The data content you want to back up and how you need to restore the data (for example, all tablespaces or a subset of tablespaces)
- The database state when you perform backups
- The required schedule for the data
You can create subclients for specific datafiles and tablespaces that frequently change or have a different backup schedule than the entire database.
Before You Begin
If you have not already done so, add an instance for the Oracle database.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list next to Instances, select Oracle.
The Instances page for Oracle appears.
- To select an instance, on the Instances tab, click the instance name.
The instance properties page appears.
- In the Subclients section of the Overview tab, click Add subclient.
- In the Subclient name box, type the subclient name.
- From the Plan list, select a server plan.
- In the Number of data streams box, type the number of streams that the software uses for backups.
- Select the data to include in the backup.
- To back up an online database, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online.
- To back up an online database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online subset.
- To back up an offline database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Offline.
The database shutdown or startup (lights out) script is run automatically during the backup.
- To back up the database logs, clear the Data backup check box, and then select the Archive log backup check box.
- If you chose to include the logs in the backup, select the Delete archive logs check box to have the software delete the logs after a successful backup.
- Click Save.
You can perform backup operations on the subclient.
The Commvault software stores the backup in the target that is associated with the server plan.
The Commvault software automatically backs up the data and the log files by using the schedules that are associated with the server plan.
Last modified: 10/31/2019 9:23:17 PM