Setup Wizard for the Laptop Application
When you log on to the Command Center for the first time, a setup wizard guides you through the core setup required by the applications available in the Command Center. After you complete the core setup, complete the setup wizard specific to the Laptop application. During the Laptop application setup, you can send email invitations to your users asking them to install the Laptop software package on their devices.
To complete the setup wizard for the Laptop application, you will need the following information:
- If there is a gateway connecting the Command Center to the CommServe computer, make sure to provide the fully qualified domain name of the gateway (for example, gateway.gatewayservices.com)
- The host name of the proxy computer must be resolvable from outside of the perimeter network and inside the local network
- Make sure port 8403 is open for connections from outside of the perimeter network and inside the local network
- The fully qualified domain name of your domain (name) server
Users who are members of the domain can log on to the Command Center with their domain credentials.
- A list of users and user groups who should install the end-user Laptop package on their devices
By default, the users and user groups you associate with a plan receive an email inviting them to install the end-user Laptop package on their devices. The email invitation includes a link to your Web Console Add Computer page.
To prevent email invitations from being sent, clear the check boxes next to the user names. You can send the email invitations at a later time, or you can use your own method to distribute the end-user Laptop package to your users.
Last modified: 4/19/2021 7:52:42 PM