Manually Backing Up a Laptop or a Computer
Although laptops and computers are backed up according to schedules, you can manually perform a full, incremental, or synthetic full backup job on a laptop or a computer.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Laptops.
The Laptops page appears.
- In the Name column, click the laptop or computer that you want to back up.
The laptop or computer properties page appears.
- Under Backup, click Back up now.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Select one of the following backup options:
- Full: Backs up all of the data.
- Incremental: (default) Backs up the portion of the data that is new or that has changed since the last backup.
- Synthetic full: Creates a full backup from the most recent full backup and all subsequent incremental backups. The resulting synthetic full backup is identical to a full backup. A synthetic full backup does not transfer data from a laptop or computer to the storage pool and does not use resources on the laptop or computer.
- If you want to receive an email when the backup job completes, select the When the job completes, notify me via email option.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/25/2020 3:07:26 PM