Restoring Files and Folders for a Laptop or a Computer
You can restore backed-up data, including data that was previously deleted, to the same computer or laptop or a different computer or laptop.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Laptops.
The Laptops page appears.
- In the Actions column for the laptop or computer that you want to restore, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Browse for the files and folders that you want to restore.
Tip: You can change the backup content you see by using the filter options in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To view data that was deleted from the previous backup operations, click the action button , and then click Show deleted items.
Any previously deleted backed-up data appears.
- Select the check boxes for the files and folders that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Choose how you want to restore the data:
- Destination client: Select the client where you want to restore the data.
- Restore data instead of stub: Restores the backed-up data instead of the stub.
- Restore to original folder: (default) The option to restore data to the folder from where it was backed up. If you want to enter a new path in the Destination path box, clear this check box.
- Destination path: If you cleared the Restore to original folder check box, click Browse to choose a folder or to create a new folder. The data is restored to the folder that you choose or create.
- Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists: The option to overwrite files and folders on the destination laptop or computer with the files and folders you are restoring.
- Impersonate user: Select this option, and then, in the Username and Password boxes, enter the credentials for a user account that has permissions to execute the restore process on the destination client.
- When the job completes, notify me via email: Select this option if you want to receive an email when the restore job completes.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 7/9/2020 4:13:54 PM