A role is a collection of permissions that defines the level of access granted to a user or a user group. Permissions allow users to perform tasks such as performing backup, restore, and administrative operations (for example, license administration) on entities. To use role-based security, you must create a security association between users or user groups, a role, and entities.
A role can be a part of as many security associations as needed, but each security association can only have one role.
Commvault offers predefined roles that address typical security needs. These roles can be customized by the administrator.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Security > Roles.
The Roles page appears.
- Decide if you want to create or edit a role:
- To create a role, click Add Role.
- To edit a role, click the role name.
- In the Add role or Edit role dialog box, add or remove permissions:
- To add a permission, select the check box next to the permission.
- To remove a permission, clear the check box next to the permission.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
Create a security association on a plan or directly on a server. For information about plans, see Plans. For information about creating a security association on a server, see Administering the Security Associations of a Server.
Last modified: 2/7/2020 9:17:41 PM