Assigning User Security for a Server
You can associate users, user groups, and roles to a server to control the operations that the users can perform on the server. For example, to create an administrator who can access everything in the CommCell environment, create a security association between the CommCell computer, the master role, and the users who are the administrators.
Before You Begin
If a system-created role does not meet your needs, create a role that contains the permissions that you want the users to have on the server.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers.
Tip: To go directly to the CommCell computer, go to Manage > CommCell.
A page listing the servers appears.
- Under Servers, click the server.
The server details page appears.
- Under Security, click Edit.
The Security dialog box appears.
- On the Associations tab, in the user box, type the user or user group name, and from the generated list, click the user or user group name.
- In the Select a role box, select the role, and then click Add.
For example, to assign all permissions to a user, select the master role.
- Repeat the preceding steps for each user and user group and role that you want to include in the security association.
- Click Save.
The users and user groups can perform actions on the server based on the permissions defined in the role.
Last modified: 2/5/2020 5:36:30 PM