File Migration to Cloud Storage
You can migrate data to cloud storage using days-based retention or using a reference copy subclient.
Migration Using Days-Based Retention
If you want to archive data to cloud storage and retain it for a longer period of time, use days-based retention.
- Have the administrator enable days-based retention for your client computer. You cannot run synthetic full backups once you enable days-based retention.
- Have the administrator create a OnePass subclient, and then add the data that you want to archive as the subclient content.
- Have the administrator assign the OnePass subclient to a storage policy that is configured using cloud storage.
- Do not enable deduplication on the storage policy.
- If the stubs are backed up to cloud storage, perform a browse operation and restore the required stubs to the desired location.
Migration Using a Reference Copy Subclient
Applies to: Windows File System Agent, OnePass for Windows File Systems, UNIX File Systems Agent, OnePass for UNIX File Systems
Have the administrator configure a reference copy subclient to migrate data to cloud storage.
Last modified: 10/20/2020 3:40:49 PM