Configuring Archiving on 7-Mode NetApp File Server
You can configure archiving on 7-mode NetApp file server.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Archiving.
The Archiving page appears.
- Click on the appropriate file server. The Dashboard opens.
The top row of the dashboard provides summary information for key items.
- Under Rules, click Next.
The Archiving properties page appears.
- In the Plan box, select the name of the plan. If you have not created a plan yet, see Plans.
- The Modified or Access time older than, File size, Select share access node boxes are pre-populated with the information you provided in the Dashboard. You can review rules and change the Select share access node (primary client computer) at this level. Once you review the rules, you can go to the Dashboard to preview the files that will be qualified for archiving.
Note: The share access node must have access to the CIFS share on the NetApp file server. The share access node is used to perform backup and archive operations.
- Select the Filer Details check box.
- In the Filer server hostname box, enter the fully qualified NetApp file server name.
- In the Filer login and Filer password boxes, enter the NetApp file server login credentials.
- In the Listen Port box, by default, you have 10000 as the port number. If you want to use a different port number, enter the listener port number in the Listen Port box.
- In the Primary proxy box, select the share access node that you entered in the Add file servers dialog box as the primary client computer.
- In the Secondary proxy box, select another computer that has the Windows File System Agent installed.
The primary and secondary client computers will be used to perform recall operations.
- Click Start Archiving.
Backup operations run as per the schedule in the Plan you selected. Data Analytics job runs as per the Data Analytics schedule.
- Recycle ClMgrs services on the primary and secondary client computers.
What to Do Next
Review the data on the 7-mode NetApp file server. For more information, see Using the Archiving Dashboard to Manage Archiving Rules.
Last modified: 12/20/2019 3:06:53 PM