Adding Commvault Software to a Server
When you add software to an existing server, you are adding a new role for the server.
Adding software to a server is useful in the following scenarios:
- You have a new set of data that you want to back up. For example, SQL Server databases.
- You want to reduce the load on other servers.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers.
The Servers page appears.
- In the Actions column for the server, click the action button , and then click Add software.
The Add software dialog box appears.
- From the Select Package(s) for list, select each software package to install on the server, and then click OK.
- Optional: In the Installation location field, enter the installation location path.
- To allow the servers to reboot if required during installation, move the Reboot if required toggle key to the right.
- Click Install.
Last modified: 9/14/2020 7:33:29 PM