Adding Commvault Software to a Server
When you add software to an existing server, you are adding a new role for the server.
Adding software to a server is useful in the following scenarios:
- You have a new set of data that you want to back up. For example, SQL Server databases.
- You want to reduce the load on other servers.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers.
The Servers page appears.
- In the Actions column for the server, click the action button , and then click Add software.
The Add server dialog box appears.
- In the Select Package(s) for box, select the check box for each software package that you want to install on the server.
Note: If you want to download and install the package locally on the server, click here. The link takes you to the Web Console where you will find further instructions to complete the installation.
- Click Install.
The software is installed on the server.
Last modified: 3/6/2020 2:52:04 PM