Activating Private Metrics Reporting on the Command Center
If you have multiple CommServe computers in your environment, and you want to use Metrics Reporting, then you must activate data collection for Metrics reports on each CommServe computer.
Private Metrics Reporting offers a way for you to host reports in your own network. The Private Metrics Reporting Server must collect data from each CommServe computer in your environment.
- Log on to the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Metrics reporting tile.
The Metrics reporting page appears.
CommCell Diagnostics and Usage is turned on by default. This setting allows data to be collected for Metrics Reports.
- Beside Private metrics reporting, click Settings.
- Under General, select CommCell Diagnostics and Usage.
- To collect information for reports, under General, select any of the report types::
- To collect information about the wellness of the CommCell, select Health check.
- To collect information about job success, client size, and errors, select Activity.
- To collect information that will help you determine how your CommCell environment is performing after you upgrade to the latest version, select Post upgrade check.
- To collect information about CommCell settings, select Audit.
- To collect information about protected data sizes used to calculate billing, and to specify time periods for viewing that information, select Chargeback, and then select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- If the Download URL box is blank, type the download URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://metricsserver1.domain.com/downloads/sqlscripts/
Where metricsserver1 is the name of your organization's Private Metrics Reporting Server. You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the download does not work.
- If the Upload URL box is blank, type the upload URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://metricsserver1.domain.com/webconsole/
Where metricsserver1 is the name of your organization's Private Metrics Reporting Server. You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the upload does not work.
- Click Configuration, and then configure client group and data collection settings:
- To collect information for all client groups, select All Client Groups.
- To collect information from specific client groups, clear All Client Groups, from the list, select the client groups you want to include, and then click OK.
- To specify when report data is collected, select Data Collection Time, and then enter a time.
Data collection will begin within an hour after the specified time.
- To specify when data collection results are uploaded, in the Upload Frequency box, enter the number of days between uploads.
The minimum frequency is one day.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 9/17/2020 6:56:04 PM