Activating Cloud Metrics Reporting in the Command Center
You can activate Cloud Metrics Reporting in the Command Center.
Cloud Metrics Reporting offers a way to view Metrics Reports without having to host a Private Metrics Reporting Server. Instead of viewing Metrics reports on the Web Console, you can view Metrics reports on the Commvault Cloud Services Portal. When you activate data collection for Cloud Metrics Reports, data is automatically uploaded to the Cloud Metrics Reporting Server. The Cloud Metrics Reporting Server processes the collected data, and then displays reports based on that data on the Cloud Services Portal.
- Log on to the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Metrics reporting tile.
The Metrics reporting page appears.
CommCell Diagnostics and Usage is turned on by default. This setting allows data to be collected for Metrics Reports.
- Beside Cloud metrics reporting, click Settings.
Under General, the Health check and Activity check boxes are already selected. These options allow information about the wellness of the CommCell, job success, client size, and errors to be collected and displayed in the Health report and the Activity report.
The Proactive support and Cloud assist check boxes are already selected. These options allow the Support Team to troubleshoot your environment by collecting log files and other information from your CommServe database.
- To collect information for the Preupgrade Readiness Report, which can help you determine whether your CommCell environment is in good condition to upgrade to the latest version, select Upgrade Readiness.
- Click Configuration, and then configure client group and data collection settings:
- To collect information for all client groups, select All Client Groups.
- To collect information from specific client groups, clear All Client Groups, from the list, select the client groups you want to include, and then click OK.
- To specify when report data is collected, select Data Collection Time, and then enter a time.
Data collection will begin within an hour after the specified time.
- To specify when data collection results are uploaded, in the Upload Frequency box, enter the number of days between uploads.
The minimum frequency is one day.
- To collect information for additional reports, click Advanced, and then select any of the report types:
- To collect information about user actions and events that can help with troubleshooting, select Audit.
- To collect information about protected data sizes used to calculate billing, select Chargeback.
- If you are a Service Provider and you must collect data for billing reports, select Server provider billing.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 4/21/2021 7:47:53 PM