Viewing Virtual Machine Information
You can view virtual machines that you own, see the latest backup or jobs that included a virtual machine, or initiate a restore.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
The Virtual machines tab shows the VM name, hypervisor, backup size, VM size, VM status, last backup time, host, the VSA proxy that performed the backup, and the hypervisor type (vendor).
- From the Virtual machines tab, you can perform the following actions:
- From the Vendor list at the top left, select a hypervisor to display VMs only for that hypervisor.
- Under the Actions column, click the action button in the row for the VM, and then select one of the following options:
- Backup: Back up the VM.
- Configure replication: Add the VM to an existing replication group, or configure a new replication group.
- Do not backup: Exclude the VM from backup operations.
- Restore: Restore the VM.
When restoring a full VM, you can choose Full virtual machine, Live recovery, or Live mount.
- View active mounts: See live mounted instances of the VM.
- View jobs: Display jobs for the VM.
- To view details for a specific VM, click the VM.
From the VM properties page, you can perform the following actions:
- In the top right corner, click Back up now to back up the VM.
- In the top right corner, click Jobs to view jobs for the VM.
- In the Recovery point area, click a date to select a specific backup job that should be used for a restore.
When you select a date, a slider appears to show the available backup jobs for that date. Blue dots on the slider represent successfully completed backups jobs. When you click a blue dot, the time that is displayed indicates the time the backup job completed. If you click a spot between blue dots, the restore operation uses the most recent backup job that completed before the time you selected.
Click Restore to restore a VM using the selected recovery point. When restoring a full VM, you can choose Full virtual machine, Live recovery, or Live mount.
- In the top right corner of the page, click the menu icon , and then click Do not backup to exclude the virtual machine from backup operations.
The Overview tab includes the following information:
- Summary: Provides information about the virtual machine configuration and backup status.
- Recovery point: A calendar that shows successful backups for the VM group.
A dot next to a date indicates a successful backup (recovery point).
- Replication monitor: If a VM is configured for replication, you can monitor the replication status or select the VM to perform operations.
From the Overview tab, you can perform the following actions:
- Under Recovery point:
- Select a recovery point, and then click Restore to recover a VM or files.
- Click Show latest backup to view data for the most recent backup operation.
The Configuration tab includes the following information:
- Security: Security associations and ownership for the VM.
Click Edit to modify security settings.
Last modified: 6/24/2019 4:03:06 PM