Security Configuration for VM End Users
The following permissions are required to backup VMs, browse VM data, and restore VMs or VM files.
The VM End User role contains these permissions by default. You can grant these permissions by associating a user or user group with the role on a virtual machine or on a VM group.
VM End User Permissions
- Data Protection/Management Operations: Perform backups for their own VMs.
- Browse: Browse virtual machine data.
- Download: Download the selected files to the local computer.
You can download files up to 5 GB in size. For larger files, perform a restore operation.
- In Place Recover: Recover files and folders to the source VM.
- Live Browse: Browse the file system of a client.
- Out-of-Place Recover: Recover files and folders to a different location.
- In Place Full Machine Recovery: Recover a full VM to the original location.
- Out of Place Full Machine Recovery: Recover a full VM to a different location.
- For detailed information about security, see User Administration and Security.
- For information about roles, see Security Configuration for Virtualization.
- For information about associating users and roles with an entity (such as a VM or VM group), see Administering the Security Associations of a Server.
Last modified: 5/20/2020 7:23:21 PM