Adding a Nutanix AHV Hypervisor
Add a Nutanix AHV hypervisor to support data protection operations for all virtual machines hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information to add a hypervisor:
- The hypervisor is the Nutanix cluster, identified by the cluster name or the virtual IP address for the cluster.
Be prepared to enter Prism administrator user credentials.
- For best results, install the VSA on each virtual machine in the Nutanix cluster. If you have installed the Virtual Server Protection package on a VM in the Nutanix cluster, the VSA is included with that installation.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click Add hypervisor.
- For Select vendor, select Nutanix Acropolis.
- For Hypervisor name or Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter host or account information:
- Hostname / IP address: Provide a fully qualified hostname or IP address for the hypervisor.
- Username and Password: Enter the user credentials to provide administrative access to the hypervisor.
- From the Access node list, select a previously deployed proxy in the Nutanix cluster.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 7/16/2020 2:21:25 PM