Adding an OpenStack Hypervisor
Add an OpenStack hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances or images hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information to add a hypervisor:
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on at least one instance (proxy) in the OpenStack data center. You can install the VSA on other instances to create additional VSA proxies for the data center.
- At least one VSA proxy is needed for each region.
- Identify the keystone address for the OpenStack node and obtain administrator user credentials. If there are multiple endpoints for the keystone URL, use the public endpoint.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor page appears.
- For Select vendor, select OpenStack.
- For Keystone Address, enter the fully qualified host name or IP address for the keystone node.
Note: If the endpoint uses a port other than 5000 or if the endpoint listening on port 5000 is not configured to authenticate the user, enter the full keystone endpoint URL. The endpoint URL must be able to authenticate the user logon credentials, and can be the public or admin URL.
- For Hypervisor name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter host or account information:
- User name: Enter the user name for the keystone node user with administrator privileges.
- OpenStack Domain (optional): If a domain is configured in the OpenStack environment, enter the domain for the keystone node user.
- Password: Enter the password for the user account.
- From the Access node list, select a previously deployed proxy that is an instance in the OpenStack data center.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 1/7/2020 5:25:53 PM