Virtual Server Agent (VSA) proxies are used to perform backup and restore operations. Any machine where the VSA is installed can act as a VSA proxy. Different proxies are used for different hypervisors.
By default, the first available proxy listed for a hypervisor acts as a coordinator for jobs, distributing operations to any other proxies that are available for the hypervisor.
You can add or remove proxies for a hypervisor, or change the order in which proxies are listed. All VM groups for a hypervisor use the proxies for the hypervisor.
Note: If you select a new Hyper-V node as a proxy for a hypervisor, the Command Center initiates a remote install to push the Virtual Server Agent, MediaAgent, and VSS provider to the new node.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears.
- On the Configuration tab, modify the proxy assignments for the hypervisor.
Adding or Removing Proxies
- In the Proxy area for a hypervisor, click Edit.
The Edit proxy dialog box lists all proxies that are available for the hypervisor.
- In the Edit proxy dialog box, select the check box for each proxy to be used for operations with the hypervisor, and clear the check box for each proxy that should not be used.
- Click OK.
Changing the Order of Proxies
- In the Proxy area for a hypervisor, click Reorder.
The Reorder option is only displayed if multiple proxies are specified.
- Click Ù to move a proxy up in the list, or Ú to move a proxy down.
- Click Save to save the change in sequence.
Last modified: 5/17/2019 7:27:24 PM