A database restore might be necessary when the data area or the log area is damaged, to recover from a logical error or to copy the database.
Perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process.
Oracle restores consist of the following main categories:
- Database restore: This is a restore of all database files, the control file and the server parameter file
- Database subset: This is a combination of a restore of any of the following files:
- Only archive logs
- Oracle control file
- Individual data files and tablespaces
- Database Archived Redo logs
- Database clones: Create a clone so that you can:
- Duplicate large databases in a short amount of time
- Create test environments
- Retrieve data quickly without intensive resource use on the production environment
- Alleviate the load on production servers
Last modified: 12/14/2018 4:31:43 PM