Adding a SAP HANA Instance to a SAP HANA System
Add a SAP HANA instance.
Before You Begin
- Determine how to connect to the database. If you want to use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, create a key.
For information on the SAP Secure User Store, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- Make sure that you have the following information about the SAP HANA system:
- The data storage policy name
- The log storage policy name
- The command line storage policy name
- The admin user name
- The SAP HANA instance SID
- The SAP HANA instance number
- The SAP HANA primary server
- The SAP HANA worker node
- The SAP HANA user credentials
- The SAP HANA user store key
- The directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
To determine the location, log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials and type the following on the command line:
- If the SAP HANA environment uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection, obtain the name of the SSL provider and the SSL trust store file that stores the CA-signed certificates.
- You can add an instance on the server details page or the agent details page. You can edit the SAP HANA instance on the instance details page. Choose one of the options.
- DB Instances: From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances, on the upper-right area of the page, click Add instance, and then click SAP HANA.
- Server details: From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers > server > agent, in the Actions column for the agent, click the action button , and then click Add instance.
- Agent details: From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Servers > server > agent. Then, in the center of the page click Add instance.
- Instance details: From the navigation pane, click Manage > Servers > server > agent > instance. Then, in the upper-right of the page click Edit instance.
The Add SAP HANA instance dialog box or the Edit SAP HANA instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the connection details:
- In the SID box, type the SAP HANA instance SID.
- From the Plan list, select the server backup plan to use for the instance.
- From the HANA hosts list, select the client that hosts the SAP HANA instance.
To add a new host, complete the following steps:
- Click Add new host.
The Add SAP HANA host dialog box appears.
- In the host name box, type the host names of the client computers that you want to add.
- In the User name box, type the admin user name.
- In the Password box, type the password for the admin user.
- To use a different SSH port number, move the Use non-standard SSH port number toggle key to the right, and then in the SSH port number box, enter a different port number.
- To allow rebooting the host computers, move the Reboot if required toggle key to the right.
- Click Install.
- Click Add new host.
- Determine how to connect to SAP HANA.
- To use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, click HDB User Store Key and then in the Store key box, type the SAP HANA Secure User Store key.
- To use a database user, click User credentials, and in then type the SAP HANA database user credentials in the boxes.
- In the HDB SQL Location box, type the directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- In the OS username box, type the admin user name. In the OS username box, type the admin user name.
- To authenticate access to the HANA server that use an SSL connection, move the Enable SSL toggle key to the right, and then provide the following details:
- In the Service Provider box, type the service provider that is used for the SSL connection. For example, typecommoncrpto.
- In the SSL Trust store box, type the trust store name for the SSL connection. For example, type sapcli.pse.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 9/10/2020 2:07:31 AM