Adding a SAP HANA Instance to a SAP HANA System
Add a SAP HANA instance.
Before You Begin
- Determine how to connect to the database. If you want to use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, create a key.
For information on the SAP Secure User Store, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- Obtain the following information about the SAP HANA system:
- The admin user name
- The SAP HANA instance SID
- The SAP HANA user credentials
- The directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools
To determine the location, log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials and type the following on the command line:
- If the SAP HANA environment uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection, obtain the name of the SSL provider and the SSL trust store file that stores the CA-signed certificates.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Select Add instance, and then click SAP HANA.
The Add SAP HANA instance dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, provide the connection details:
- In the SID box, type the SAP HANA instance SID.
- From the Plan list, select the server backup plan to use for the instance.
- From the HANA hosts list, select the client that hosts the SAP HANA instance.
- Determine how to connect to SAP HANA.
- To use the SAP HANA Secure User Store, click HDB User Store Key and then in the Store key box, type the SAP HANA Secure User Store key.
- To use a database user, click User credentials, and in then type the SAP HANA database user credentials in the boxes.
- In the HDB SQL Location box, type the directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- In the OS username box, type the admin user name.
- To authenticate access to the HANA server that use an SSL connection, move the Enable SSL toggle key to the right, and then provide the following details:
- In the Service Provider box, type the service provider that is used for the SSL connection. For example, type commoncrpto.
- In the SSL Trust store box, type the trust store name for the SSL connection. For example, type sapcli.pse.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/25/2020 9:04:11 PM