Restoring to the Current Location (In Place)
You can restore a SAP HANA database to its current location (in place). The SAP HANA software brings the database down before the restore and brings it back up after the restore is complete.
To recover only the data, perform the restore by using a full backup.
Before You Begin
If you want to restore the most recent backup data and log files, stop the SAP HANA replication. If you do not stop the SAP HANA replication, only the latest data is restored and the latest log is not restored.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances > instance.
The instance properties page appears.
- In the Recovery points section, click Restore.
The Restore Options page appears.
- In the Destination Database, select the database where you want to restore.
- Choose the database recovery option:
- To recover the database to a point-in-time, click Up to, and then select the date and time.
- To restore by specifying the backup prefix, in the Backup prefix box, type the backup prefix for the backup.
Note: The Commvault software creates the backup prefix by pre-pending the job ID to the backup prefix. For example, 4815976_COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP. You do not need the catalog backup available with backint.
- To restore by specifying the internal backup job ID, in the Internal Backup ID box, type the internal backup job ID.
Note: If you restore by specifying the internal backup job ID, then you must have the catalog backup available with backint. SAP HANA creates the internal backup ID.
- To verify that all the backups required for the recovery operation are available, select the Check Access check box.
- To initialize the log area after the restore, select the Initialize log area check box.
- To recover using delta backups, select the Use delta backups check box.
If you do not use a delta backup for the recovery option, the software only uses the log backups for recovery.
- To send a notification email when the restore job completes, select the When the job completes, notify me via email.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 2/11/2021 7:14:16 PM