Modifying a Server Backup Plan
You can modify the following server backup plan properties:
- The storage pools to use for the primary and auxiliary data copies
- The data retention period
- The RPO (recovery point objective) options that the software uses to automatically back up the data
- IntelliSnap options
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Plans.
The Plan page appears.
- Click the plan name.
The plan details page appears.
- To modify the RPO options, see Creating a Server Backup Plan for information about the options.
To disable full backup job, move the Add full backup toggle key to the left.
- If the plan is associated with an entity that has IntelliSnap enabled, the Snapshot options section appears on the plan details page:
- Number of Snap recovery points is set automatically to 8. You can edit that value to change the number of snapshots that are retained.
- Backup Copy is on by default. To turn the Backup Copy key off, move the toggle key to the left.
- Backup copy schedule displays the name of the schedule that is created automatically when IntelliSnap is enabled. You can click the schedule to make changes.
- To modify the primary or secondary storage pools, in the row for the primary or secondary pool, click the action button , and then click Edit.
The Edit storage dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a unique name for the storage, for example Primary.
- From the Storage pool list, select the pool to use.
- Optional: In the Retention period box, type the number of days that the software retains the data.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
The server backup plan uses the modified settings when the next backup operation runs.
Last modified: 7/25/2019 6:05:03 AM