Configuring a Tape Storage
Use the following procedure to configure a tape storage.
Before You Begin
You must attach a tape library to the MediaAgent that is used for configuring the tape storage.
- From the navigation pane, go to Storage >Tape.
The Tape page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to add a tape storage.
The Add tape dialog box appears.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent to which the tape library is attached.
- Click Scan hardware.
The tape library attached to the selected MediaAgent is detected and appears as Not configured.
- Click Select all or click the library that you wish to configure.
- Click Save.
After configuring a tape storage, the following storage pools will be created automatically:
- A Direct Backup Storage Pool that can be selected for running backups.
- A Secondary Copy Storage Pool that can be selected for running auxiliary copy jobs.
Last modified: 12/10/2019 6:39:37 PM