Creating a User
You create users to enable access to the software. When you create a user, you assign the user to a user group that has properties and security associations assigned to it.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Security > Users.
The Users page appears.
- In the upper right of the page, click Add user.
The Add user dialog box appears.
- Provide the user information.
- To assign this user to a user group, from the User group list, select the user group.
- Decide how to create the password for the user:
- To auto-generate a password for local users, select the Use system generated password check box.
- To manually set a password for the user, in the Password box, type a password.
- To send an email invitation to the user to install the Commvault Edge Server, select the Invite User check box.
The Invite User option applies if this user's laptop or desktop must be backed up by the Laptop solution, and you want the user to interactively install the Commvault Edge Server. If an administrator will install the Commvault Edge Server, do not select the Invite User option.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 10/9/2019 6:59:48 PM